Tuesday 2 February 2016

Beauty Review: Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

As you know, Lush's concept is focused around fresh, handmade, natural cosmetics. The stores are so fun to spend time in. From the array of handmade soaps to the nifty products, a trip to the store is always a treat. 

Recently I picked up the Bubblegum Lip Scrub. My lips were going through a rough patch - mind the pun- and I needed something to smoothen and moisturise my lips so I opted for this scrub, because I'm an all natural girl. I do use chemical products however I prefer natural goodies. 

So back to the scrub... The ingredients are sugar, Jojoba oil and a bit of colouring. The sugar works as an exfoliant while the Jojoba oil moisturises lips leaving them baby soft. It smells delicious! and tastes even better! The candy floss yumminess got me applying it every so often just to lick it off. It's great as a sweet treat but as far as it's effectiveness, I didn't see much of a difference. I especially like to use it before applying a deep lipstick. There's nothing worse than cracked lipstick which is why I thought it would help. Needless to say, my lips were still a bit dry. I can't remember the cost, I'm sure I paid well over R100 which I think, for the price point, the results are satisfactory. 

All in all, this product looks, smells and tastes great however I wasn't totally satisfied with the results.

What's your opinion of this product? Comment below


Image not my own


2 comments:

  1. I would like to try this especially because smooth lips really makes your gloss or lipstick pop and look great.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts...