Friday 20 November 2015

Onyx By Aneesa Solomon X Cape Town

Last week I spent a few days in the city my heart truly belongs to - Cape Town. As you all know, I have been associated with the Onyx brand for the past two seasons. Naturally, I was on board when Aneesa briefed me on the itinerary for the this season's shoot. I feel it is important to bring fresh ideas and influences to a brand whilst maintaining the brand's identity. Aneesa's aesthetic is simple but timeless and this translates clearly in her work. Onyx isn't a trend oriented-brand, in my opinion, but rather the brand you would go to for a timeless piece that is going to stay in your closet for seasons to come and still be relevant. Maybe this is why I resonate with the brand. I find myself gravitating more towards classic, versatile pieces than trendy items. Onyx is, for lack of a better word, Old Money! 

We started off the morning getting to know each other. I'm sure the rest of the team where well acquainted as they're all from the beautiful Cape. Nabilah Kariem the other model who is infact a modest - wear blogger was such a delight to work with. I had been following her for a while so I was glad to have met her. Razana Omar, the talented makeup artist who worked magic on my face. If you don't believe me, the pictures speak for themselves. Nuraan - the beautiful lady responsible for my curly tresses and Shezan and her sidekick Ederees who made me feel so comfortable in front of the camera.

As per usual the food spread was nothing short of amazing! Special mention must be made of the most delectable doughnuts from Save Supermarket. Aneesa transported them all the way from Pietermaritzburg but it was well worth the effort! I'm craving one now while writing about it. I'm sure there are many flavours - we had the chance to taste the nutella-filled doughnut enrobed in a rich and creamy chocolate with a generous sprinkle of crushed oreo biscuit and a drizzle of white chocolate to top it off. How moreish does that sound? If you get the chance to pop into the bakery in one of their many stores... Definitely try it out and let me know what you think!

The new collection will be available for purchase from early next year. Please visit the website www.aneesasolomon.com for more details or to place an online order. Alternatively visit the Onyx page on Facebook.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts...