Tuesday 29 September 2015

Primary Colours

Most of my work happens on weekends lately, which I love because I get a whole week to take it easy, work from home and get in a bit of relaxation. This past weekend I was off. I had the whole weekend to relax and spend time with family and friends. If you follow me on Snapchat you would have seen what I got up to the entire weekend. 

Pagiel and I shot these images last week. We both have been super busy recently so it was lovely to catch up and take a few pics while we were at it. He suggested we meet at Audacia Manor for a quick drink and catch up and ended up getting these shots. I was in a hurry, as always, so I threw on this grey t-shirt from New Look with my favourite pair of Zara denims. At first, I really disliked these jeans and regretted getting them but now I could wear them every day! I always find myself regretting a purchase but a few wears later and it's the only item I see in my closet. 

The shoes were a real bargain. I was flipping through Grazia Magazine at a client's house, whilst waiting for her. I kept seeing awesome stuff from Fashion Express. I have never even seen that store before but every item that caught my attention was from there. After the appointment, Neil, Keshnee and I drove into the heart of the CBD - West Street in search of this store. I ended up finding the store and parked on the pedestrian crossing because a selfish driver refused to let me park in the parking I had so patiently waited for. I literally was in the store for 15 minutes as I didn't want to be fined for my parking. I skimmed through the store, looking for anything that interested me. As I made my way to the shoe rack I laid eyes on these cut-out pointy flats. I grabbed my size along with two other pairs of shoes and headed to the cashier. I felt so victorious for some reason. Maybe it was the price that made me smile...

The red fringed waistcoat is from Vim and Verve Collection on Windermere Road which was also another purchase made with Neil. We are always stopping off at random stores between clients. The Yellow Bag is from Charles and Keith. I got this one on sale. The sales assistant was so patient with me because I tried on every bag as well as half the shoes in the store. I bought this bag along with two other pairs of shoes which I look for any excuse to wear. The bag charms are from Bin Dawood in Makkah. My sister and I love key rings and charms. Whenever we get the chance to, we buy as many as possible. 







Hat - Cotton On // T-shirt - New Look // Waistcoat - Vim and Verve Collection // Denims - Zara // Shoes - Fashion Express // Handbag - Charles and Keith 

Henna by Zakiyya. Find her on Instagram @zakiyya_hennaart

Photography by Pagiel Chetty www.pagielchetty.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...