Wednesday 30 September 2015

Ben Nye Luxury Powder - Banana

Clients often ask why we use a yellow powder to set their makeup which leads to a long explanation about the product and why we use it, which is why I decided to dedicate a blog post to the miracle that is Ben Nye Luxury Powder.



Ben Nye Luxury Powder is a neutral powder which provides a superior matte finish to any makeup look. This micro - milled loose powder is often compared to many French powders with silky textures. Translucent with just a whisper of colour, Banana powder can be used by just about anyone with a warmer skin tone and for just about any need. Perfect for setting makeup, highlighting or colour correcting surface redness. 

What I particularly love about this product is it's ability to smoothen fine lines and mattify without giving a caking appearance. Unless you're a true-tone, foundation often changes the appearance of your skin tone, however with this magic powder, your skin tone is enhanced without over - powering it. There are a few ranges in this brand as well as various colours to suit each skin tone but this colour - Banana proved to be universal for all skin tones. 

This powder enhances your skin colour and with it's anti - perspiration technology, it keeps the skin matte for up to 8 hours without clogging pores. Popularised by Kim Kardashian's makeup artist for highlighting her face especially her under eye area - this powder works wonders under the eye. The yellow tone neutralizes dark circles without creating lines and caking under the eye. Due to its texture, this powder is build-able which can be dusted lightly over the eye area or used for "Baking" - a new technique which involves leaving the powder to set into the skin to create a highlight under the eye area.

I recently did a photo shoot and used this magic powder to set my foundation and under eye concealer. Once my foundation and under - eye concealer was applied I then used a soft - bristled brush to dust on the translucent powder on to my under eye area, highlight areas, chin and the sides of my chin. This gave my face a natural glow and a smooth finish. 

I highly recommend this product to give you a professional finish to any makeup look.

This product is available online but I purchased mine from Muse Sa. Having Tasneem curate the finest products from around the globe just makes my life easier. You can purchase this must-have powder from her... 

Follow @muse.sa on Instagram or whatsapp Tasneem on 0735214369

I used Ben Nye Banana Powder over my foundation and under my eye.

Here I brushed over the powder under my contour line as well as under my eye.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...