Thursday 20 August 2015

Basic

I collaborated with an awesome photographer, Pagiel Chetty, for this shoot. We met through a mutual friend and hit it off ever since. I was super keen to work with him and finally, after weeks of rearranging our schedules, got the chance to work together. We did a couple shots in his studio which is situated at 21 Churchill Road and then took to the streets for another look. It was my first opportunity to shoot in studio for the blog and I'm glad to say I thoroughly enjoyed working with him, for the most part, because he makes the client feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Before we commenced I warned him that I am camera shy and have no model - like instincts, however, much to my surprise - he brought out my inner Tyra Banks. 

I have been meaning to do a shoot like this forever! My blogger inspirations have all done a shot like this and as much as I prefer to do my own thing and create my own looks, I really wanted a couple shots like these. I kept the clothes simple to match the style of the shoot.


What Im Wearing: Since the look of this shoot is basic, I kept the clothes basic as well. I'm sure you must have seen various versions of these shots on all the other blogger's Instagram accounts. Most of them do a plain white over-sized shirt which looks like they've raided their boyfriend's closet. I chose a pastel pink shirt as we are on the cusp of Spring and pastels are all the rage right now. All of the items chosen for this look have a slight androgynous feel to them. I prefer masculine cuts as I think it better suits my personality. The leather studded biker jacket is from Mango which I purchased overseas and the snakeskin skaters are from Zara. The pink shirt is actually a man's shirt from Topman.

Pastel Shirt - Topman // Leather Jacket - Mango // Black Tights - Woolworths // Snakeskin Skater Shoes - Zara //

Hair by Sawleha Hansa - Instagram: @sawlehahansa
Photography by Pagiel Chetty - www.pagielchetty.co.za - Instagram: @pagielchetty










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...