Monday 26 October 2015

Taxi


I'm starting to feel a little burnt out! This year has been quite a strenuous year for me, however very productive, so I can't complain. With the year nearing it's end, I still have a few goals I wish to achieve even though all I want is a long vacay to a tropical island. Ive been watching some of my snapper friends on holiday and I am feeling major envy!

This shoot was quite fun for both Pagiel and I. It was very impromptu as I didn't really have an idea in mind. Even with the look, I just pulled whatever matched and used it. We started off at Point Road, outside The Chairman. The derelict building served as the perfect backdrop for this look as I wanted the juxtaposition of elegant and casual, which is also evident in the look itself. 

After a few shots, as we were heading back to the car - Pagiel suggested I do a hitchhike pose which then lead to his "lets shoot with the taxis" suggestion. I was keen as I have never been in a taxi before (I strongly suggest everyone try it at least once since it is such a big part of our South African culture). So there we were, speaking to the resting taxi driver, with his feet on the dashboard, he agreed to let us take a few snaps after a tiny bit of persuasion. Oddly enough, the taxi driver was quite excited about this shoot. He even helped me out with a few poses and showed me the different signals for each location, not that I remember, but it was amusing nonetheless. I suppose it was worth compromising his afternoon snooze!

Pants - Splash Dubai // Denim Shirt - Forever 21 // Cutout Heels - Schutz // Rose Gold Bangle - Swarovski // Lips - 'Rebel' by Mac

Photography: Pagiel Chetty - www.pagielchetty.co.za
Instagram: @pagielchetty








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...