Thursday 15 May 2014

Travel Diary: Makkah

Makkah - the city that never sleeps! The last time I visited Makkah was before the Haram (Mosque) renovations had begun so being there this time was quite fascinating, seeing half the Haram stripped away and the cranes filling up the horizon. The crowd was unbelievable, everywhere you look there's people, spilling out from every avenue. Unlike Madinah, there is always a buzz in the city, people are always on the go, racing against time to complete their Umrah (pilgrimage) or trying to get into the Haram in time for the next Salaah (prayer). I stayed at The Fairmont in the clock tower which was amazing. Everything from the room to the service was spectacular but the cherry on top was my view! From my room I was able to see the Ka'bah, I just spent my time in my room admiring this phenomenal sight, with a view this good how could I not?









2 comments:

  1. Amazing post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalam-O-Alikum
    Al Hijaz Tours is working as one of the top Hajj Umrah Company in UK. We have complete Hajj and Umrah Packages inclusive of every needed facility.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts...