Thursday 15 May 2014

Travel Diary: Madinah


A couple weeks ago I was blessed with the opportunity to go for Umrah (a pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah). It was not my first visit but I think every opportunity should be savoured. That being said, the first sight of the Haram (Mosque) still brought a tear to my eye as if it was my first visit. My spiritual journey commenced in Madinah for three days thereafter Makkah for another two days. I've always said I prefer the bustle of Makkah but this trip changed my mind. Madinah is so tranquil despite the millions of people passing through the streets at any given time, it truly is God's miracle. My days were spent visiting the Haram and enjoying some of my favourite treats from the local supermarket, Bin Dawood (the greatest store ever in my opinion). One of the Mosques I visited was Masjid - al - Quba. Millions of people come here on a Saturday to perform prayers as it was customary for our Prophet (pbuh) to do so. Outside the mosque are street vendors selling fresh produce and souvenirs. I purchased the sweetest dates ever, enough to send my sugar levels through the roof but it was well worth every Saudi Riyaal.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...