Wednesday 25 December 2013

The Nightmare that is Packing




I'm leaving in a few days so I decided to pack from today ( two days prior) because packing has always and will always give me nightmares. I dress according to my mood so packing is difficult for me. How am I supposed to know what I feel like wearing ten days in. For a long time I over-packed and honestly didn't wear half the stuff I carried. I still get reminded about my one-shoe-a-day policy. Imagine traveling for twenty plus days! I know many of you can relate as over-packing is a common problem amongst  us youngsters however, after many ignorant years I devised a plan of action - how to pack for the duration of my holiday and not the entire year. I must say, since seeing the light my anxiety levels have decreased tremendously.



This is my Plan -

  • Check the weather of my destination.
  • Check itinerary - that way I know what to pack for whichever activities I'll be doing.
  • Find the correct bag - remember to consider your holiday shopping, keep extra space.
  • Start with one type of clothing - I start with pyjamas, underwear, and socks because there's no thinking required, any type of pyjama etc. will do.
  • Move on to the serious business - day wear. Pick a few tops that transition from day to night.
  • Find bottoms to match and any inner-wear required.
  • Match a neutral shoe and accessories.
  • Pack any special event outfits eg. New Year's Eve dress.
  • Go through what I've picked and take some stuff out, I usually take more than I need.
  • Now that that's done pack shoes in a shoe bag!! (I've seen someone use a Checkers packet).
  • Roll clothing tightly, it saves space and minimal creasing.
  • Pack toiletries, chargers, hairdryer, medicine (if required).
  • Pack money and passport and any other extras in my handbag.
  • I'm good to go!!!!

Just Kidding, Please Don't!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...