Thursday 5 December 2013

Eye Brows are Sisters not Twins


But mine are more like cousins (*sob*). Unlucky for me, I wasn't born with perfect eye brows, that's probably why it's the first thing I notice on someone. I've been on a quest for well over a year now to try to get my cousins to be more like sisters and hopefully one day, twins. It hasn't been an easy road though. I've had to brave it out with hairy eye brows too often. Trimming, brushing, filling in, nothing can disguise a terrible brow. My one eye brow is like the darling child and the other is the naughty, rebellious one who just won't listen no matter how much you try to coax it.

I started off with ok-ish brows then one day it just went horribly wrong and ever since then, up until a year ago when I decided to take matters into my own hands, I was stuck with one perfectly-shaped, arched-in-the-right-place brow and one line. No shape, no arch, just a line. It was horrible and every time my then beautician tried to 'fix' it it got thinner and thinner. Thats when I decided to change my beautician and let the growing process begin. I am happy to report, a million hairy-eyebrow functions later, my brows are taking shape and looking better than ever albeit not yet how I want it. Bold brows are in and thats exactly what I'm going for; low-maintenance and cost-effective too. 

BROW DIY

A well-groomed brow has the ability to frame your face and transform your features. But often this feature gets overlooked and over-tweezed. Just by taming a few stray hairs and filling in sparse areas -  Bold brows give your face a more symmetrical appearance.

 The first step is plotting out where your brows should start and end. Line up a pencil with the side of your nose where your nostril begins to find your brows' starting point, then tilt the pencil over the center of your pupil to find the arch. The peak of your arch should appear where the pencil crosses the brow. Finally, drop the pencil out toward the corner of your eye, making a 45-degree angle from the side of your nose. This is where your arch should end. 

• Use a brow comb to brush long hairs upward in the same direction of their growth, then trim the excess length with tiny scissors.
• Apply a white pencil to "erase" stray hairs that fall outside of the lines, then remove them one at a time, pulling in the direction of hair growth.
• Pick up a brow pencil to fill in sparse areas, using short, quick strokes. 



My two favs, Cara deLevigne and Lilly Collins rocking bold brows.


Brow tips adapted from in-style magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...