Wednesday 12 March 2014

Weekend Getaway

Black and Gold Slippers - Charles and Keith/ Brown Boots - TopShop


This past weekend my sister and I went for a mini-vacation to Johannesburg, now and again we need a small break from the daily pressures of work and life. The trip started off on a not-so-good foot as our flight was delayed by an hour, we boarded only at 11 pm and by the time we reached out hotel we were exhausted, so much for a relaxed start! For my wardrobe, I packed warm. Every time I visit Jo'burg it's cold and miserable and this time was no different! Jo'burg to me is the New York of South Africa. Everything is much more serious and corporate and the same goes for the fashion. High-tops and hoodies aren't ideal choices when covering up, instead, fur coats and knee-length boots are a preferred option. Everyone's always dressed to the nines so I carried slim-fit jackets, my trusted Zara pointies, and my new favourite - my Topshop boots ( I had to bring a little piece of Durban with). Another trend I tried was the pyjama trend however I wasn't entirely happy with the way I styled it. I would have preferred to wear the shirt without a jacket and with barely-there heels instead of boots but there's always next time. I didn't get many snaps of what I wore and had to resort to selfies but here are the few I did manage to take.


Navy Top - River Island/Jacket - Zara

Top - Miss Selfridge/Jacket - Zara/Jeans - Guess/Pumps - Zara/Bag - Furla

T-Shirt - Aeropostale/ Denims - Forever 21/ Blazer - Zara/ Shoes - Steve Madden






1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to drop in and say I love your blog :) I am a fashion lifestyle blogger myself and it's so nice to see other people who do it, especially in South Africa! :)
    Anyways, just a friendly note of appreciation. Love the black and gold slippers! xx

    Jade Kebbie
    Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger
    www.thecoconutlists.blogspot.com





    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts...