Friday 10 January 2014

Style Profile - Eric Daman for Carrie Diaries

Eric Daman, for those of you who don't know is the costume designer for my favourite show, The Carrie Diaries. Daman was the obvious choice for the job for several reasons, he was assistant stylist to Patricia Fields on The Carrie Diaries precursor, Sex And The City, and he tackled the role of Stylist on the ever-popular Gossip Girl series which shared the same co-creators as TCD. Lastly, he is just brilliant at what he does. I love how he gives each character a unique look while still complementing the lead, AnnaSophia Robb's character, Carrie's Style. The outfits are always cohesive and still very contemporary and I like the fact that he uses smaller brands like TopShop and H&M as opposed to the bigger fashion houses, making emulating Carrie's style easier for the average teen. 

Eric Daman
It's all about scrunchies, clashing prints and icons of the 80's in this show which is probably the reason I love this show. I love how Carrie is portrayed as a demure teenager with her longer length skirts and polka dots at school but in New York she's a sexy working girl showing just the right amount of skin.

My favourite character though is Larissa. She reminds me a lot of myself with her boldness and 'I don't care' attitude, her wardrobe speaks for itself. It is said that Larissa is the exclamation point to Carrie's style while still complementing it at the same time. Carrie's style is amazing but Larissa just ups the ante. I love her bold prints and designs and eccentricity to match. She flaunts what she has but not to the point where she cannot still be regarded as classy. 



  
 



                                                                                         


         






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...