Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hats Off


Hello :) Apologies for my absence, I have been so busy with work and not a moment to spare to put together a post for you. I'm sure most of you have seen my Instagram account- lately I have been doing a lot of work with my good friend, makeup artist Neil Ramautar of Drama Queen Studios. Makeup has always been an interest of mine and I've wanted to study it for quite some time but I never got around to doing it. So when the opportunity to shadow my friend Neil presented itself I leaped for it. This provided me with the chance to learn the tricks of the trade as well as gain first-hand experience. If I'm going to learn about makeup I might as well learn from the best, right? 

The past couple weeks have been hectic to say the least but I'm really enjoying not having a lot of time at my disposal. I feel I perform better under pressure. Furthermore, my social life has taken a nose dive but I actually enjoy spending my Saturday nights on the couch (mo' money = no life). I know I will need a holiday soon enough but for now I'm enjoying juggling work and life. 

What I'm Wearing:

I wore this to a photoshoot I styled recently, which was at the Waterfront Hotel at the point. I needed something I could be comfortable in and for me, comfort means a good pair of denim jeans. Comfort is of utmost importance especially at a photoshoot as I am always kneeling to fix a hemline or straighten out a crease so I have to be able to move in my clothes. However, comfort aside, as a stylist I obviously have to look the part as I am a representation of my work. I have to find a balance between comfort and trendy hence the denims and loose top with the fedora hat to add a bit of 'trendiness' to the look.



Hat: Gifted to me
Tank Top: Topshop
Floral waterfall Jacket: New Look
Denims: Forever 21
Jewelled Slippers: Steve Madden
Choker: River Island
Lipstick: Russian Red by Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts...